Purpose: Crowley’s Ridge Educational Service Cooperative wishes to recognize and celebrate high performing classroom teachers and provide them with an opportunity to share their expertise with their colleagues.
Who Can Participate? Any teacher employed within the Crowley’s Ridge Educational Service Cooperative who is nominated.
Number of Awards: Last year, we had fifty-five participating Teachers of Excellence who led 103 professional development sessions. They were each paid for the Professional Development sessions they shared.
Specifics: Each nominated teacher will receive a letter of invitation. It will contain information about the summer professional development opportunity and the information about how to apply to provide professional development.
Nomination Process: Click here to fill out the nomination form!
Complete the electronic nomination form.
Administration: The Cooperative staff working with the Teacher Center Committee will establish the areas of need for the summer’s professional development calendar, and teachers who can provide those services will be issued a contract.
The Crowley’s Ridge Educational Service Cooperative is seeking nominations of outstanding educators from our Cooperative region for consideration as a presenter in our professional development series, Teachers of Excellence.
After nominations are received and reviewed based on the needs from our regional survey results the following procedures will be followed:
· Each nominee will receive a letter announcing their nomination.
· There will be a RSVP process contained in the letter.
· If interested, the nominee will complete a one page form (included in this packet) that defines the professional development areas of expertise.
· The Teacher Center Coordinator will review their area of expertise and issue an invitation to participate this summer or keep their information for future use.
· Everyone chosen to present will receive a formal contract with compensation for their services. We pay $300 per 6-hour day.
· Each session will be listed in the Cooperative’s Professional Development Calendar
· Each Teacher of Excellence will receive double professional development credit for each new presentation.
· The Cooperative will not make copies. We will post handouts on our website for participant access and assist with the use of technology.
· Considerations of proposals that are panel presentations or half day sessions will be considered.
For more information contact Tish Knowles at (870) 578-5426 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.